Dumpling builds tools that empower anyone to start, run, and grow their own local, shopping, and delivery businesses. We operate in all 50 states, powering thousands of entrepreneurs to start their own companies. Our business owners receive financial freedom and every tool needed to run a digitally native grocery delivery company. This includes a credit card to fund purchases, a mobile app to manage their business, a marketing website, a client app to easily build shopping lists plus place orders, and coaching to empower them to meet their goals. We enable a highly personalized shopper and customer experience empowered by direct communication between shoppers and customers, leading to consistent and delightful service experiences, every time!
As a small, highly motivated team, our work revolves around empowering business owners and supporting relationships in communities, powering local economies.
- Our team is made of collaborative, communicative, self-starters, who seek to wear multiple hats
- The vibe is laid back while centered on working hard together towards our mission: building tools to support local service businesses and community relationships
- As a team, we're ready to switch contexts in a moment's notice so we can effectively help our Dumpling business owners start, grow, and scale their businesses.
TLDR; Shipped numerous well-reviewed apps in React Native + familiar w/ iOS/Android Native + Bonus for comfort in React/Typescript/GraphQL and UI/UX design skills
- 2+ years experience building many Mobile applications and features from scratch and enjoy the creative, iterative, and usable design approach to making something new incrementally better. You're as happy building the app as you are using Figma, Illustrator, Sketch, or other prototyping tools.
- Define yourself as a mobile expert. Thrilled to outline the plan, design, and code it into a live-mobile app, all while partnering with the backend team.
- Comfortable dealing with tradeoffs of offline mode, handling local caching and reconnecting gracefully and usably. You can debug app crashes from source maps and traces and familiar setting up certificates and private keys for both iOS and Android (List apps that published themselves).
- Exposure deploying many times to Google Play and Apple App Stores; you know what's going to get questions in review and how to mitigate those risky delays.
- Seek out continuous learning (alone and with your colleagues). Happiness is trying new responsive designs, listening to how others approach problems and implementations; but not at the cost of getting your work shipped on time.
- Humble yourself with hands-on customer chat support to ensure you know and understand our business owner's challenges. In fact, deep down, you believe it makes you better at your job.
- Listen and understand a multitude of internal and external stakeholders at different levels of tech. savviness. Produce both consumer and business owner's apps that align with their workflows and prioritizes usability and design thinking throughout the customer journey.
- Report into our CTO; you'll build the critically important, high-traffic, app future of Dumplings.
- We will transparently share our entire compensation ethos early in your interviews.
- Medical, dental, and vision offerings are through TriNet with multiple plans to suit you.
- Unlimited PTO and you are required to take! Everyone from the Founders to the front line business owner coaches knows that time off brings new ideas, clear minds, and healthy team members.
- Post-Covid we will resume quarterly team-fun get-together. We seek peers who are excited to spend time together whenever possible.
- You get to genuinely improve the happiness and financial independence of every Dumpling business owners and their clients!
It's a Covid-reality, everyone at Dumpling works from home. Our team was founded remote-first/friendly with dual headquarters in Seattle, WA, and Berkeley, CA. We're keeping up with remote-work best practices, especially during Covid.
This role does require proximity to your coworkers for optimal success. Post-Covid, as a part of your application, we do ask you to be ready and willing to relocate to Seattle or the San Francisco Bay Area so you can work directly with our Founders. Most days will be remote but several times a month you’ll be in the same office with them.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying